Admission to the School is not admission to the Nursing program. Students wishing to enter the Associate of Science in Nursing Program (ASN) should indicate their intention when first applying for enrollment at MJS College. To be admitted to the ASN program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Application to School indicating ASN program with fee
- Official high school or equivalent GED and college transcripts received.
- Successful completion of a nursing admission assessment test (HESI)
The following courses must be completed prior to the nursing core classes.
|*All science classes must be completed within the last 5 years|
**All science courses must be completed within the last 5 years
Clinical Rotation Requirements
All applications are reviewed by Dean of Nursing. The student must submit the following documents for approval to begin their Clinical Rotations:
- A completed physician’s report of a current physical examination, including information about vaccination status, utilizing a form provided by the school (See appendix)
- Hepatitis B vaccination series, three injections series required or Hepatitis B vaccination waiver form (see Appendix).
- Proof of Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) and Varicella
- Measles: Two doses of measles vaccine are required either in a combination with Mumps and Rubella or separately via injection. Individuals born prior to Jan. 1, 1957 are exempt from the rubella immunization requirement.
Mumps: One dose of rubella vaccine is required either in a combination with Measles and Mumps. Individuals born prior to Jan. 1, 1957 are exempt from the Mumps immunization requirement.
Rubella: One does of rubella vaccine is required separately or in combination with Measles and Mumps. Individuals born prior to Jan. 1, 1957 ARE NOT exempt from the rubella requirement.
Varicella: Two doses are required; if one dose was received before the age of 13, then only one dose is required. Confirmation via a notarized statement signed by physician, parent/guardian of Varicella disease may be accepted
- A photocopy of a current (less than 1 year old) Two-step TB screening test. If the TB test is positive, then negative results from a chest x-ray will need to be provided.
- A photocopy of the students’ current health insurance card or an insurance waiver form
- A photocopy of the student’s current CPR card. It must document satisfactory completion of an American Red Cross or American Heart Association course for healthcare Providers
- A criminal background check (www.certifiedbackground.com)
- Drug screen (10 panel)
- Liability Insurance