Our mission is to provide traditional and nontraditional students with focused, convenient postsecondary education opportunity through associate’s degrees and certificate programs, which enhance their career prospects and expand their perspectives in nursing, allied health and business careers. MJS College believes that education should be local and specific enough to provide for a consequential career, yet expansive enough to lay the groundwork for life-long learning. MJS College, through its educational programs, provides graduates with career-focused proficiencies and capacities necessary to succeed at entry-level employment positions that contribute to the economic growth of employers, local community and the healthcare needs of the 21st century.
The following objectives are part of the mission of MJS College.
- Provide quality certificate and degree programs that prepare students for a meaningful career.
- Provide administrative and instructional resources that support excellence in academic programs, students and faculty.
- Provide affordable courses to encourage students to attend and complete a college credential.
- Provide work-based learning opportunities through hands on learning experiences.
- Provide appropriate social and civic activities incorporating student leadership, ethics, and cultural sensitivity to enhance student life and enrich educational experiences.
- Collaborate with area secondary school districts to develop and provide educational awareness of future careers to their students and staff.